MN VR and HCI Oct 2018
OC5, L.E.A.P., Nvidia RTX, Vive Wireless
Oculus Connect 5
RJ White, Zach Wendt, Matt Summers, Chris Johnson
- Announcements, research updates, favorite sessions and experiences.
- Hands on with Oculus Quest (formerly Santa Cruz), including the 6-person, 4000 sq ft arena shootout using only headset tracking (pictured above.)
- Some tech, dev and demo details that haven’t made it to public coverage.
- The Void - Star Wars (opening soon at MoA) impressions, tech, and calibration hacks.
- What it’s like to be on stage with John Carmack :)
L.E.A.P (Magic Leap conference)
- Quick hardware/software review of ML1, and comparisons to HoloLens.
- L.E.A.P announcements and software roadmap.
- Dr Grodborts, demo clips, and through the lens vs stream capture.
- Magicverse Layers, PHILTR, Goats, and what L.E.A.P actually stands for.
NVidia GeForce 20-series and Quadro RTX cards
- New features, released and announced cards
- Initial VR benchmarks
HTC Vive Wireless Adapter
- Quick review of strengths, limitations and value
- Required PC hardware and potential gotchas
Back to History