We’re celebrating the launch of the first Quest Arena scale game, with a special in-person event. Big thanks to REM5 for getting us a huge (200 x 85ft) covered outdoor space. Masks are required during check-in, and any time you can’t maintain a 6 foot distance. Please read all the event details below, and only share a Quest headset with people you rode with, live with, etc.
The ROC at St. Louis Park Rec Center. (map)
To avoid road construction and park in the close lot:
- Navigate to the Target store by highway 100.
- Head 1 block east on W 36th St. to the parking lot by the ROC and water park.
- BYOQ: Bring your own Quest 1 or 2 with Space Pirate Trainer DX installed. (REM5 also has a few headsets for loan - grab that specific ticket.)
- Incredible immersion from walking to every part of your 10x10m playspace, instead of teleporting or pushing a joystick to glide.
- If you chose to set up co-location (same physical space), you can hear and taunt your opponent. You can even test physical contact by touching controllers (* crazy immersion, but fiddly to get exact positioning.)
- Learning tips and tricks for setting up large playspaces, and aligning them for co-location or repeatability (like mapping in your home and furniture.)
- Advice on where and when to use Quest outdoors in your own neighborhood.
- 30-60 min of play time (depending on attendance), plenty of socializing, and some new names for your Quest friends list.
Wed 9/29 6:30pm
- 6:30 check-in, play space assignment, and setup
- 7:00 (sunset) play start
- 8:00 pack up and mingle
- Wear a mask. Add Quest, plus your hoodie or cowl for cyber-ninja cosplay!
- Check for updates to Quest OS, Space Pirate Trainer, and ALL apps (It’s painful to notice and pause each app auto-update onsite.)
- (SPT supports app sharing if you own two Quests, but do this ahead of time.)
- Check controller batteries, charge headset and do full shutdown.
- Bring a clean microfiber cloth for lenses and cameras.
- If you don’t have a Quest case, keep sun out of the lenses (the cloth is enough.
You may also want a resealable water bottle, or even a small towel if you’re the competitive sort.